*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1420262
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 20, 2006 at 8:09am
Re: On Demand
Well one way around the seasonal situation is to write about it in summer when the inspiration and ideas are there in front of you and hold submitting them until winter when the demand is high for that content. Same works over all seasons. Other options would be to put aside blocks of time when you can allow yourself to be in the moment with your writing. Focus on whatever your topic is, regardless of what the world around you is doing.

Of course, sometimes dealing with an on-demand issue is like turning steel pipes into wire. A long, slow, sweety, process that requires dedication and lots and lots of patience. I find mostly it's just a case of deciding to do it. I know there are many topics I come across when copyediting that it's hard to twist my head into sometimes but if I look at it and struggle over deciding to get it done, it doesn't. When I get butt-in-chair and focus on beginning to end in the now it gets written.

In the long term with that sort of attitude I'd hope to develop some discipline. Of course I'm still in the stage where I don't do it offen enough for it to have grown a great deal yet. lol Usually I wait till the deadline is on me and then have no choice but to do it now. *Smile*

Have fun and keep writing,
Yours truly,
Rebecca Laffar-Smith

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
On Demand · 11-18-06 12:40am
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: On Demand · 11-18-06 1:36am
by Liam Jackson
Re: Re: On Demand · 11-18-06 10:54am
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Re: Re: On Demand · 11-18-06 10:59pm
by Liam Jackson
Re: On Demand · 11-20-06 12:05am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: On Demand · 11-21-06 10:29pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: On Demand · 12-20-06 8:09am
by Rebecca Laffar-Smith

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1420262