*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1321825
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 6, 2006 at 11:23am
Re: I wanted the option to Review an item without Rating it.
Here's an article that might interest you:

Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

Don't worry so much about not having personal knowledge of something. If you can check someone on that, then great; but if you can't, then simply talk about your favorite and possibly least favorite part of the piece, how it made you feel, etc. And since it's a poem, you could talk about the structure and flow of the poem too.

In the movie Fargo, one of the opening scenes says "Fargo, North Dakota" at the bottom of the screen, yet shows a building that was just a mile or two away from where I live...in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I doubt many people who don't live here - if any - had any idea about this, but they could still write a review. And even knowing what I did, it didn't really take away from my appreciation of the movie.

I - and I think most authors - will be more interested in your review than your rating. Just try to pick a rating that reflects your enjoyment of the piece. *Smile*

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.Part of the Cleaners? Feel free to sport this sig!

"The Kraken Revue [13+] by Davy Kraken
    A quick guide to my portfolio.

"Kraken's Kudos [ASR] by Davy Kraken
    Acknowledging others for a variety of reasons.

The autumn version
MESSAGE THREAD
I wanted the option to Review an item without Rating it. · 07-06-06 2:35am
by Carpageo
*Star* Re: I wanted the option to Review an item without Rating it. · 07-06-06 11:23am
by Davy Kraken
Thanks for your response! · 07-06-06 2:33pm
by Carpageo
Re: I wanted the option to Review an item without Rating it. · 07-06-06 11:49am
by Elisa: Stik or Treat
Thank you. Will do! · 07-06-06 3:22pm
by Carpageo

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1321825