by Bmao
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #1065536
A place to give suggestions regarding interactive stories
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 1, 2006 at 7:41pm
Welcome!!
by Bmao
Welcome to the 'Don't be shy, ADD A Chapter forum'. This is the first time I've created a group and if you have any suggestions on how I can organize it better so I can attract new members, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Also, what is your opinion on what you think makes a good interactive? Should the writer focus on filling out as many of the choices as possible? Or should there be long storylines 50-60 chapters in length as to create an actual story people can read and savor?

Personally, I favor the second view, because it allows the writer to create depth. Hence, this will make it harder for outside authors to add to it, but the writers who do add to these long storylines on a consistent basis tend to be of better quality.

Since this is interactive stories we are focusing on, I personally prefer using a second person point of view. Granted, it feels kind of awkward to write in such a fashion, yet as the reader chooses a certain outcome for a protagonist, 'you' the reader, step into their lives and become the character.

Do you think second person works for interactives? That's not to say 1st and third won't work, so what POV do you prefer using?

Anyhow, those are just two topics I can think of right now. Make your opinion be known and lets get this group going!!

-Bmao
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Welcome!! · 02-01-06 7:41pm
by Bmao
Re: Welcome!! · 09-03-06 1:59am
by Jason Clayton
Re: Welcome!! · 01-30-07 7:26pm
by E.Jackalo- getin published?
Re: Welcome!! · 01-30-07 7:27pm
by E.Jackalo- getin published?
Re: Welcome!! · 09-25-07 6:20pm
by TSC

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Bmao.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1217687