*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/2317373-Words-Wonderful-Words
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #2317373
An activity forum for sharing quotes, phrases, lyrics, and lines of poetry.
HAPPY 24th BIRTHDAY WdC

Welcome to Words, Wonderful Words. It is great to see you here! The purpose of this activity forum is to share our favorite famous quotes, phrases, and lines of poetry.

*Tack* Click here to go directly to the forum posts. *Tack*

I often see words arranged in unique and clever ways. Creativity abounds at WdC. What words or phrases have you seen that piqued your interest? Have you written some? What are they?

"...painting words..." 8/20/24
"A giant tree stump of a man emerged." 8/2/24
Image for WWW activity

IT'S HER I USED TO KNOW

From the shadows I watch
As she turns the corner,
Another drink of scotch,
Cross the street to warn her,
Alone she should not walk,
I offer company
If it’s only to talk,
That’s all it has to be.
~
A breeze rustles her hair,
Brown with a copper glow,
Upon her face I stare,
Her eyes on me bestow
A feeling I’ve not felt,
Since very long ago.
My heart begins to melt,
It’s her – I used to know.
                   by Monty

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“In three words, I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on." ~Robert Frost

He was speaking to journalist Ray Josephs In 1954 on his 80th birthday.

Frost's words in context: "In all the confusions of today, with all our troubles . . . with politicians and people slinging the word fear around, all of us become discouraged . . . tempted to say this is the end, the finish. But life — it goes on. It always has. It always will. Don’t forget that.”
Photograph from "Life" magazine

Caption: "Frost, who once wrote, ‘I never heard of a house that throve . . . where the chimney started above the stove,’ examined the stove of his old kitchen at Little Iddens, Gloucestershire."

Photo credit: Howard Sochurek The LIFE Picture Collection/Shutterstock
Source: https://www.life.com/people/robert-frost-an-american-poet-revisits-old-haunts-in...
Here is an easy read bio: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poets/robert-frost
Thanks to innerlights muse soars for contributing this quotation.

Quotes

NEW:9/2/24 “The only whole heart is a broken one because it lets the light in.” ~David Wolfe

“There is a time for departure even when there’s no certain place to go.” ~Tennessee Williams

"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a heart touch that never hurts." ~Charles Dickens

"There is no friend as loyal as a book " ~Ernest Hemmingway

"The scariest monsters are the ones that lurk within our souls" ~deleted William Shakespeare. Appears to be a modern person using Edgar Allan Poe as identity saying attributed to Edgar Allan Poe but the words have not been found in any of Poe's writings. Source: quoteinvestigator dot com

“The years teach much which the days never know.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Neither love nor terror makes one blind: indifference makes one blind.” ~James Baldwin

“There is a time for departure even when there’s no certain place to go.” ~ Tennessee Williams

"First forget inspiration. Habit is more dependable. Habit will sustain you whether you’re inspired or not. Habit will help you finish and polish your stories. Inspiration won’t. Habit is persistence in practice." ~Octavia E. Butler

"Let go, or be dragged." ~Zen proverb

“In the end, we’ll all become stories.” ~Margaret Atwood

WRITING AND ARTS QUOTES:

Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way. ~E. L. Doctorow

Every book is a children's book if the kid can read. ~Mitch Hedberg

In the very end, civilizations perish because they listen to their politicians and not to their poets. ~Jonas Mekas

Children should learn that reading is pleasure, not just something that teachers make you do in school. ~Beverly Cleary

Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art. ~Andy Warhol

Being a writer means having a story you want the whole world to read, except everyone who knows you. ~Alexander Pennington

No, generally I think influence is used as a nice word for plagiarism. ~Gilbert Gottfried

Weird Song Lyrics, from s
Are we humans? Or are we dancer? – ‘Human’ by The Killers (written by: Mark August Stoermer / Brandon Flowers / Dave Brent Keuning / Ronnie Vannucci Jr.)

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Friday, Saturday, Saturday and Sunday. – ‘I Got A Feeling’ by Black Eyed Peas (written by: Will Adams / Jaime Gomez / Allan Pineda / David Guetta / Frederic Riesterer / Stacy Ferguson)
Hey, look! Two Saturdays in a week!

I’ve got soul, but I’m not a soldier. – ‘All These Things That I’ve Done’ by The Killers (written by: Brandon Flowers)

Young, black, and famous, with money hangin’ out the anus – ‘Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down’ by Puff Daddy (written by: Clifton Chase / Edward Fletcher / Gregory Prestopino / Mason Betha / Matthew Wilder / Melvin Glover / Nashiem Sa-Allah Myrick / Sean Puffy Combs / Steve E J Jordan / Sylvia Robinson)

Am I asleep? No, I’m alive. – ‘Wild’ by Jessie J. (written by: Claude Kelly / Sean Michael Anderson / Jessica Cornish / Joshua Emanuel Coleman)

What about elephants? Have we lost their trust? – ‘Earth Song’ by Michael Jackson

Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad. – ‘Call Me Maybe’ by Carly Rae Jepsen (written by: Carly Rae Jepsen, Tavish Joseph Crowe, Joshua Keeler Ramsay)

Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball. – ‘Champagne Supernova’ by Oasis (written by: Noel Gallagher)

🐳🎀𝓉𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓀𝑒𝓇🎀🐳

ARCHIVES:

BOOK
Words, Wonderful Words Lists & Archives  (E)
Compilation of WWW forum
#2320807 by tracker

Using or the Art Gallery group

232 Posts · *Magnify*
Page of 10 · per page   < >
by innerlights muse soars  •  a day ago
by Bodhisattwa Parekh  •  a day ago
by 🪽intuey🕊️  •  09-18-24 @ 8:10 am
by 🪽intuey🕊️  •  09-18-24 @ 8:06 am
by Bodhisattwa Parekh  •  09-18-24 @ 2:40 am
by s  •  09-18-24 @ 1:21 am
by Solace.Bring  •  09-17-24 @ 1:03 pm
by tracker  •  09-17-24 @ 12:11 pm
by tracker  •  09-17-24 @ 12:09 pm
by innerlights muse soars  •  09-16-24 @ 9:59 am
by Solace.Bring  •  09-16-24 @ 4:47 am
by tracker  •  09-12-24 @ 11:45 am
by Simply Me  •  09-06-24 @ 11:21 pm
by innerlights muse soars  •  09-02-24 @ 10:26 am
by tracker  •  09-02-24 @ 9:59 am
by tracker  •  09-02-24 @ 9:21 am
by tracker  •  09-02-24 @ 9:18 am
by tracker  •  09-02-24 @ 8:55 am
by innerlights muse soars  •  08-28-24 @ 7:45 pm
by Simply Me  •  08-28-24 @ 6:47 pm
by Monty  •  08-27-24 @ 5:53 am

232 Posts · *Magnify*
Page of 10 · per page   < >
Previous ... -1- 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/2317373-Words-Wonderful-Words