*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975190-February-10-2020--Midnight-Soiree
by Tinker
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2206515
BiMonthly blog challenge accepted with an occasional jaunt to the Banana Bar Challenge.
#975190 added February 15, 2020 at 12:56pm
Restrictions: None
February 10, 2020 Midnight Soiree
5 DAY TRUTH or FICTION BLOGGING CHALLENGE
Blog Prompt for Day 1


Way back in a different world, when I was young, my neighborhood had a gaggle of kids who had all grown up having so many adventures together.

There was this time when Richie, my brother's best friend, heard about a hole in the back fence of the local cemetery and our little gang of seven decided to explore. The first time we went, we just explored. The graveyard was on a hill with old stones in the front and in the back, a mausoleum under construction with empty crypts, perfect for hiding. It was spooky and exciting and we came up with a plan.

On Friday at midnight we would play hide and seek on the cemetery grounds and we spread the word. More kids, including some older boys showed up. It was so thrilling and scary ducking behind the tombstones or hiding inside the empty crypts. Just remembering, I can feel the nervous giggles inside my chest.

Well, of course, we were trespassing and had no business being out that late at night and one of the older kids had gotten the bright idea to bring laundry soap and dumped it into the front grotto's waterfall at the side of the entrance. Honestly, I was not a part of that, but I was there.

Anyway, the flicker of our flashlights, the thud of running feet, the hooping and hollering going on and the soap bubbles visible from the street, the cops came to investigate. Two cars came in with searchlights and we kids all scattered. My brother found me and we made it home sneaking in and out of the shadows. A couple of boys got caught. But our band of seven made it home safely. I don't think my parents ever knew what we did, but it would be only a matter of time if we continued, so our cemetery adventures were over.

When I am in the area, I always visit my parents and grandparents, now residing in the beautifully finished, same mausoleum and remember our neighborhood gang's midnight soiree.

in the black of night
shivers with nervous giggles
graveyard - hide and seek
                   ~~jvg

Merit Badge in I Write in 2018
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations!

You owned 2018!
For the whole 2018 year, you wrote and reviewed at least once a week. For one whole tour around the sun, you were creative for your own and you gave your time to help other writers to see their writing through another set of eyes with the reviews you sent out.
Let your accomplishment be celebrated and rewarded by this merit badge. Many tried, few survived. 
You are an "I Write" WINNER! Merit Badge in I Write In 2019
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on earning this unique and exclusive merit badge for your participation in I Write in 2019 in which you wrote and reviewed once a week for the whole year. 
You are a winner!


© Copyright 2020 Tinker (UN: tinker1111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tinker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975190-February-10-2020--Midnight-Soiree