*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931697-Impatience-Purpose-and-Spring
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#931697 added March 29, 2018 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
Impatience, Purpose, and Spring
Prompt: "A little impatience will spoil great plans." ~~ Chinese Proverb
"Crossing over to a path that suits your passions and your dreams are possible if you live your life on purpose."~~
Glenda Hatchett
What are your thoughts?


-------------

I don’t think a little of anything is all that harmful, unless you’re talking about snake venom or saran gas. A little impatience is a push to action. A little impatience occurs when people have a goal. It pushes us to reduce the costs of reaching our goal, or to switch goals. In addition, people may feel a bit impatient if or when they have other options, which can be better picks to work with instead of waiting.

A big impatience, on the other hand, may mean rash decisions and disaster, and too much patience leads to sloth or waiting for something to happen that will never happen.

Can a little impatience spoil great plans? Possibly although rarely, but a true blue impatience probably would.

As to Glenda Hatchett’s quote, if a person knows what his passions and dreams are, that person would be happier if he or she followed through and found a suitable path. Knowing one’s passions and dreams is knowing one’s purpose in life as well as getting a hint of what that person’s strengths are.

When we work from our strengths, we are bound to become successful, if not externally then internally. Our time on earth is precious and limited. We need to make the most of it for ourselves and for the world that sustains us.


Mixed flowers in a basket



Prompt: Robin Williams said: "Spring is nature's way of saying: "Let's Party!" What are your thoughts on this?

Party? I rather think nature is saying, “Get to work.” All that blood rushing to young heads and making them jittery, from people to birds, beasts, and plants. Yes, the flowers are fun, especially the first eager beaver crocuses, lilies, and tulips. Their appearances signal the coloring of the bare ground and bring the crestfallen grass of winter to green excitement.

Then, of course, those of us who are impeccable housekeepers get into the flow of spring cleaning. Does spring cleaning remind you of partying? Not me, it doesn’t. If anything, as much as I dare praise those do-gooders who are attached to their brooms and mops, I don’t think they are partying. On the contrary, their zest and enthusiasm makes me sick to my stomach.



© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931697-Impatience-Purpose-and-Spring