*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929305-Spring-and-Sweets
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#929305 added February 22, 2018 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
Spring and Sweets
Prompt: "There is one difference between a long life and a great dinner, in the dinner, the sweet things come last." Audrey Hepburn Do you agree with this?

=========

Do I agree with the quote? Not really. Whether the sweet part comes first or last depends on the life and the person. Some people have rotten beginnings and very successful and happy adulthoods. That is why generalizations are usually iffy.

Also, after a great dinner, I usually have no space in my stomach for anything else, sweet or sour. Plus, great dinners have more to do with the company than the food.

I think whether the beginning of life is sweet or not, we can try to put some sweetness in the rest of the way, so there is still something sweet left for the end.

When it comes to the food, I like a small sweet bit of something as treat on its own like a pick-me-up after being overworked. Then, it is possible that I don’t have a very powerful sweet tooth. *Rolling*

Mixed flowers in a basket


Prompt: Can words describe the fragrance of the very breath of spring? Write anything you want about this.

=======

a breath of spring
and…achoo!
fancy colors and scents
still a mourning
as counterpoint

this, my nose detects
and rejects
like an activist
with insight
-stronger than sight-
warning
what is so pretty
is also deadly



© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929305-Spring-and-Sweets