*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927518-PARAMAMRITA
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#927518 added January 21, 2018 at 8:28pm
Restrictions: None
PARAMAMRITA
Although you are apparently seen as the manifestation of the internal organ (antahkarana) — mind, intellect, discrimination, and ego — nevertheless you exist prior to the manifestation of these five constituents of the subtle body.

It is Consciousness that is there first — spontaneous, Self-effulgent. The one who is aware of the rising passions and emotions is the mind, and it is the intellect which discriminates and decides; that which purposefully concentrates on the decisions of the intellect is the operational center, and the one who accepts the doership of actions is the ego.

It is you who are aware of this five-fold analysis of the internal organ because you are the Self-awareness or Witness or Atman. The thread is made out of cotton though it is different in appearance. Similarly, mind, intellect, discrimination, and ego may appear to be different but all arise from the same Source — Being, Consciousness, Reality.

The breeze is the cause of the ripples on the water, and the twist in the cotton is the cause of the thread; similarly, maya is the cause of the appearance of the subtle body. When the cause is removed, both the ripples and the thread disappear; similarly, with the arising of Self-wisdom and the removal of ignorance, maya becomes exposed and disappears. When the ripples and the water, or the thread and the cotton, unite — the duality disappears. Similarly, when the mind merges into Consciousness, the sense of duality disappears.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927518-PARAMAMRITA