*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925764-Knowledge
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#925764 added December 24, 2017 at 10:46pm
Restrictions: None
Knowledge
Whatever is seen to exist is unreal, there is no peace or bliss there. Peace abides only within one’s Self: to realize this is called Knowledge.

While there is no peace in what is seen, there is God –
peace can be found if we find Him; this kind of comprehension is termed devotion.

He who learns that God exists will in due course of time realize that God has no separate existence – ‘the All is no other than ‘I’. So there is no reason to decry devotion. The more one’s knowledge grows the more one understands the Truth.

To comprehend by gradual steps is better than to be altogether without comprehension. What is there blameworthy in that?

Similarly, devotees cannot blame those who have understood that God has no separate existence (apart from myself) and I am entangled in an illusion created by myself.

Blame only finds a place where neither correct knowledge nor devotion fills the heart.

What else are knowledge and devotion than the serene and ruffled states of the same attitude? The quieter you become the nearer you find your own Self to be: and the farther you remain from this, the deeper the dualistic conception will be enrooted.

In fact, people with a slightly unsteady temperament cannot think that ‘I and Brahman are one.’ When they, in turn, grow serene and see the Self at close quarters then this illusion of theirs vanishes.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925764-Knowledge