*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925027-WHAT-IS-SEVA
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#925027 added December 6, 2017 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
WHAT IS "SEVA?"
01. It is a unique divine gift.
02. Only the fortunate gets it.
03. It is done with utmost humility because you are doing it under the order
and approval of the Master.
As such, you are his nominee and, in broader sense, doing it on his behalf.
04. Our endeavor should be to set in a manner that the image of the Guru is raised.
05. Seva is meant for humbling the mind when we rub shoulders with others.
06. No ego or pride should be noticed in Seva.
07. Our way of speaking should be sweet, affectionate, humble and constructive.
08. Greatness demands that even if the other person is unjustified in his reasoning you keep calm and avoid argument, he may perhaps be correct. Be appreciative and not rigid.
09. It takes long to imbibe humility but only a minute to lose it.
10. Achievement of success in your Seva should be attributed to your Guru.
No display of pride in yourself.
11. Guru's work will never stop even if you are not there. Do not consider yourself indispensable.
12. Consider Seva as a special favor and honor and not a right.
13. Always think that you are doing Seva towards Guru and that He is watching every thought, word and actions of
yours.
14. Avoid jealousy. All are his children and he resides in all. If we are jealous of others, we are jealous of Guru.
15. Thank him with every breath for the privilege of Seva and seek his grace
for doing it well.
16. Scrupulously guard against any display of ego, otherwise you will lose his grace and may even be considered unfit for Seva.
17. Once lost, Seva may not be restored. It will be futile to cry then.
18. If you continue doing Seva for Guru, it will never finish and if you do not, it will not stop as there will be many others to make it.
19. Bestowal of Seva is a windfall of grace. Accept and contain it with gratitude and try hard to acquit yourself as ably as possible.
20. Also remember that true Seva-without any expectation of reward pleases the Guru and that should be aspired for.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925027-WHAT-IS-SEVA