*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910818-Beautiful-Passage
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#910818 added May 10, 2017 at 1:58am
Restrictions: None
Beautiful Passage
My beautiful Guide, Rollo, spoke to me, and asked, ‘Do you know what a Soul Mate relationship is?’
‘Obviously not!’ I sniveled, feeling totally pathetic and like I’d just made the biggest mistake of my life in getting married. I was sure Rollo was going to confirm that for me too.
Instead he showed me a picture of an oyster. ‘Do you know what happens when a tiny grain of sand gets into that oyster?’ he asked.
‘No,’ I sniffed.
‘It irritates the hell out of the oyster’ my Guide boomed, laughter in his voice.
Exactly, I thought. Irritates the hell out of it.
‘And in the presence of love, the oyster wraps that irritation in a special substance and after a while the pain goes away.’
I felt my Guide smiling at me. ‘Then the tide turns, and that annoying grain of sand moves somewhere else in the oyster, and do you know what happens?’
‘No,’ I replied, slow on the uptake.
‘That grain of sand causes more irritation in a different spot. But if love is present, love keeps wrapping itself around the irritation. The oyster grows, and over time the oyster transforms that grain of sand, in the presence of love, into something of great value and lasting beauty. That oyster grows a pearl. Without the irritation and the need to grow, nothing extraordinary would have ever happened. But when love is present, magical transformation is possible.’

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910818-Beautiful-Passage