*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905472-Every-Wind-That-Blows
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#905472 added February 25, 2017 at 1:20pm
Restrictions: None
Every Wind That Blows
Saturday, February 25, 2017

Every wind that blows
brings a new scent to my nose
generating both stanza and prose.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1081
“If our impulses were confined to hunger, thirst, and desire, we might be nearly free; but now we are moved by every wind that blows and a chance word or scene that that word may convey to us.” ― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein What do you think Shelley means by this quote? Do you agree or disagree?

Every Wind That Blows

I think Ms Shelley is referring to the human soul. The impulses of the human body are hunger, thirst and desire while the soul's impulses draw us out of the physical world into the spiritual realm. It's in the spiritual realm emotions have their greatest effect because the spiritual emotions calls our spirits or souls out of matter to look for God. In this process we find meaning in the scents and scenes of the material world that generate poetry and prose as a means of expressing the things that our souls feel, but which our minds can't always describe in words.



© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905472-Every-Wind-That-Blows