*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904342-The-Strength-of-the-Pansies
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#904342 added February 10, 2017 at 1:28am
Restrictions: None
The Strength of the Pansies
Pansies are such delicate flowers with such amazing strength.
Pansies are hardiest, when the temperatures are the harshest.
Pansies live through the south Georgia winters with relatively no ill effect.


Occasionally, the temperatures in my town can dip down into the teens. However, this occurrence is about as rare as snow is here. At any rate pansies can freeze in those conditions, but I have learned not to fear. When the temperatures rise above freezing, pansies bounce back with their smiling little faces appearing to say, "We are still here, and we are still happy!"

That is what makes me joyful, regarding pansies in the winter time in Georgia, USA. Pansies and their little cousins, the violas, brighten the landscape with their multicolored faces like the multicolored lights do at Christmas time.



Here are two take-aways.

1. Things in life are rarely what they seem to be. The frail-looking pansies can survive cold winters whereas the stronger-looking hibiscus bushes die when temperatures drop below freezing.
2. All of Creation is tailored to survive conditions that are unique to the personality of the plant or other living being. The hibiscus bushes survive the hottest temperatures of summer in humid climates where humidity is available for the leaves of the plant. When the temperatures begin to top 90, the pansies start to die. At 100 they really are toast.

Where do we each thrive?
Do we focus on staying in that environment?


Here is my latest signature, given to me by my own beautiful daughter, Jade Amber Jewel.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

*StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* I'm a member of the Rising Stars Program for 2016-2017 *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV*

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904342-The-Strength-of-the-Pansies