*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898586-Motivational-Monday-Various-Subjects
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#898586 added November 28, 2016 at 1:03pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Various Subjects
Monday, November 28, 2016

November seems to be a confusing month. Since I already responded to the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS prompt for today a few days ago, I'm responding to the missed. I'm not sure what the problem is, but if this keeps up I'm going to call my doctor for an appointment. For the past four years, ever since November 29, 2012, November has been a stressful and unusually depressing month. My mother died in 2012 on the date mentioned which was my Grandfather's (Mom's dad) birthday. I know I'm still mourning, but I thought the biggest part of it was over. Apparently, I was wrong.


The prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What is your favourite board game?

The closest I come to playing board games is Mahjong and Gaps solitaire. I used to play When I was playing non-solitaire board games my favorite were Dungeons & Dragons and Monopoly. I never was able to decide which of those were my favorite because I played them at different ages or with different groups. The board game I remember from my childhood is Candy Land which I played with my siblings and sometimes Grandma. I also fondly remember playing paper dolls at my grandparents' house. The only other board game I ever played was Scrabble.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 993
What do you think resiliency is? Are you or someone you know resilient? What are resilient people like?

According to the Oxford Dictionaries1 resiliency means (1) the "capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness" and (2) the "ability of a substance or object to spring back into shape; elasticity"2. Until the last few days, I thought I was resilient and could bounce back from anything. However, the confusion I've experienced concerning the prompts and days of the prompts makes me wonder. I state what I thought the problem was in the first part of this entry and I hope that is the problem. If it isn't then I'll know about the first of the month. I have an appointment on November 30 for a mammogram and will make a follow-up appointment with my doctor for sometime in December. If my confusion hasn't cleared up by the time I see the doctor I'll discuss the situation with her or more likely the nurse practitioner. In the mean time I'll attempt to get my focus back through prayer and writing out the situation.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1474
Cloud Shapes. Write something with this title.

Cloud Shapes

Carved by the wind into
Laughing dragons or giant oak trees
Opaque gatherings of visible liquid droplets
Undulate across the sapphire sky
Daring the wind to remake them into...

Snow skiers racing down invisible
Hills and mountains or monkeys
Ambling across serene cobalt blue meadows:
Pleasant afternoons pass in meditation on
Exquisite wind art floating across the
Sky, while I write odes to the clouds.

Footnotes
1  https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/
2  https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/resilience


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898586-Motivational-Monday-Various-Subjects