*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890067-Salzburg
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
#890067 added August 15, 2016 at 11:13pm
Restrictions: None
Salzburg
Howdy Everyone!

The Austrian flag is red and white so I'll write my response to the prompt in red.

August 15th--Salzburg, Austria

Historical Costume Walking Tour
Salzburg in the year 1765: The historical costume walking tour leads you through the Salzburg of Mozart with its varied aspects of music, dance, culinary art and entertainment at the Archbishop's court.
https://www.saltomusicale.at

This was a LOT more fun than I'd expected! I didn't realize the tour guides were going to be in costumes! I thought we were just going to talk about what they wore back then while looking at costumes on manikins. This was AWESOME! Elisabeth and Philipp were a total BLAST! They are also total GENIUSES! She speaks English, German, and Italian! He speaks English, German, French, and Spanish! The best part was Philipp's Arnold Schwartzenegger impression...what was basically just him speaking in English with a deeper voice. HAHAHAHA!!! I'd like to add that not only was the tour fun, but Philipp wasn't too hard on the eyes. I kept jabbing SB Musing and looking over at Sally every time he would say something particularly endearing. I'm sure Elisabeth was just as hot, but you'd have to ask Fivesixer or Andy~hating university about that. lol

Eisenstadt Woman-Power in Eisenstadt
Pursue the paths of the well-known women of Eisenstadt. In the Jewish district, you’ll hear the exciting story of Franziska Wolf and Ottilie Laschober. In the Haydn house, you’ll enjoy listening to anecdotes about Mrs. Haydn and her social circle. You'll also get an insight into the power of the noble ladies at Esterházy Palace.
https://www.eisenstadt-tourismus.at

In the Haydn house, I got to spend some time with Prosperous Snow celebrating and Winnie. What a neat pair of ladies. They are as sweet as they are smart! I'm glad I hung out with them some on this part of the trip. I learned a lot from them both about a wide variety of things! It was great! It made this part of the trip all the more special!

Dinner is at 6pm at Mini
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g190454-d3485308-Reviews-Mini-Vien...

Dinner was lovely. I don't even know what I ordered. lol I saw someone else's food being brought and said I wanted that. Luckily, it tasted as good as it looked. I was feeling pretty adventurous, so I didn't even ask what it was. It looked and smelled delicious and it didn't disappoint. I got to enjoy a leisurely dinner in an very elegant place with PandaPaws Licensed VetTech, 💙 Carly - aka Joan Watson, and Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️. It was a load of fun! I haven't laughed that much in quite some time! I'm glad there wasn't really any place to sit by the time I got in the restaurant. I would have missed one of my most enjoyable times since arriving with this group. (No offense to my other travel companions!!!)

Salzburg after Dark
Get to know the secrets of Salzburg after Dark. On this guided walk you will hear chilling stories that took place hundreds of years ago and find out why we only get scared in the dark.
https://www.tourguide-salzburg.com

Scare us too!

This was one of my favorite parts of the last few days, but I like learning about real ghost stories...mind you, I don't want to EXPERIENCE one, but I like to listen and learn. lol Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade, LostGhost: Seeking & Learning, and Finn O'Flaherty hung out with me during this part of the trip. It was funny because ONE of us started getting scared...but I won't say WHICH of us. lol But it was QUITE funny! Hahahaha! Anyway, it was really interesting learning about various stories from Salzburg, especially the part about the witch trials. Huh. I didn't know that had happened elsewhere too. Obviously there were differences, but still, very interesting.

© Copyright 2016 Schnujo's in Alabama (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo's in Alabama has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890067-Salzburg