*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889592-Monaco-magnifique
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#889592 added October 7, 2016 at 1:51pm
Restrictions: None
Monaco magnifique
Prompt : Monaco!
          Can my amazed eyes take in any more? ? Europe has been a feast; my senses are on overload. All I can do is gasp and gawk . Now, I am introduced to Monaco. The Fairmont Monte Carlo Is a magnificent hotel. Never mind the star rating system, I saw stars, I was seduced . Lavish and sumptuous do not begin to describe it. Again, this is a lifestyle new to me, pampering can be addictive .
         Huh, I always knew that Monaco was a tiny kingdom tucked in amongst other larger countries , but to see it blew my mind. The village I currently live in is far bigger in size; not population , but land mass . How can a country/city be so teeny tiny? There is a great deal packed into its two miles of length. What a challenge it must have been to build vertically up a cliff. It certainly is created for climbing And strolling . I must admit the elevators were a novelty , yet most welcomed. To the top refers to a cliff.
         The many shades of blue/bleu were dazzlng ; azure, aquamarine, imdigo. The cloudless sky and the ocean created a seamless horizon. Apparently , Monaco boasts, and rightfully so, three -hundred plus days of sunshine . It shimmers. It glistens .
         Our first climbing/walking expedition saw us visiting Jardin Japonais , the Japanese Garden . What an exquisite site for serene reflection . It was an oasis of greens.
         Further up the rock face , we explored the Oceanographic Museum which appeared to be an impressive castle rising from the cliff to tower over the Mediterranean . It's associated with a world-reknowned name, Jacques Cousteau . I enjoyed viewing the jellyfish and sea horses . They are so unique . They seem delicate and ethereal .
         Hmmm, if I thought a cliffside aquarium was a novelty, a zoo nestled snuggly there was a bit strange . Most zoos have to be large , and a vertical one is no exception. Maybe Moses could have tried this instead of an ark. Jardin des Animalier I salute you.
         And still we climbed higher....Onward and upward . ....We breached the summit , victorious visitors; breathless, elated, and somewhat speechless . Words are inadequate to convey the beauty. Sweeping sky and sea. Dapples of sunlight. Soaring and swooping birds. Sailboats skimming and dancing. The incredible blues again. Vertigo, possibly. I felt dizzy.          
Lunch was timed perfectly. I enjoyed a brief respite al fresco. My entire being was sated
         I declined to browse, and window shop. My knapsack is straining at its seams, as am I. The rooftop pool at the hotel beckoned. While I floated blissfully in balmy water under an expansive blue, I dreamed I was on top of the world . Of course, there was some teasing, some splashing, some horse play. We SB Musing WakeUpAndLive️~Go Forth📖 Kit } 💙 Carly - aka Joan Watson }
         Souper /supper was experienced at La Note Bleue , a beach piano bar. Again, al fresco, and with my toes burrowing into warm sand. My scallops were delicieuse ! ! SIGH, this is the life...
         Monaco the mesmerizing and magnifique . Now I had a tantalizing taste of a life of luxury. There was no lap, no silver spoon, just a gorgeous location. This reminds me of Robin Leach, the British host of a defunct television show, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. His signature line was " champagne wishes and caviar dreams."

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889592-Monaco-magnifique