*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885507-Rock-n-Roll-Band
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2085296
This is a place to keep my entries into the 'Thank you for the music' challenge
#885507 added June 23, 2016 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
Rock 'n Roll Band
A divider for newsletters, etc.


"Maybe we could go to the diner after the dance." Mason gazed around the well decorated high school gymnasium, attempting a smile, though his rumbling stomach was crying out for food. A glance back to Logan's blank expression made him wonder if he could be heard over the Outkast 'Hey Ya' song, which was blasting at the time. He spoke loudly. "My dad said that I needed to have the car back by midnight. I figure if we leave here around ten, we'd have time to spend like an hour or so at the diner."

Logan nodded and mumbled something, while still focused in one direction.

"What? Anyway, I didn't have time to eat before we came here. You good with the diner, later?"

"Sure, we can do that." This time, Logan spoke more attentively in his friend's direction, before looking back the other way.

"What the heck are you obsessed with, dude? Mason's eyes scanned the area which had his friend so pocessed. "Oh, sweet! You found the only girl in this whole place who clearly wants to be invisible! Look, she is actually Trying to hide behind the flowers, now! Dude, she's not going to bother with you. Forget her. Let's walk over To the rock 'n' roll band. I heard they're serving some pretzels and punch nearby. Let's go now. I'm hungry."

"No, man, I could see the look she gave me. I think she'd talk to me if I go over there. Hey, you go on and get your pretzel, and I'll catch up with you in a few minutes."

"Alright!" Mason laughed, as he playfully slapped his buddy on the back. "Don't forget to look for me."


***


Isabella felt very awkward, as she realized she was practically standing behind the large floral decoration, which was nicely arranged on a small table. She moved to find a seat, though now, she was Sitting in the darkest corner. Content with her more comfortable position, she looked over To the rock 'n' roll band, and didn't notice Logan's approach.

Just as he walked up to her, 'Something' by the Beatles began to play. Logan was relieved that he didn't need to shout so loudly the first time he'd be talking with this girl. "It's great that the school actually brought in a live band for this dance. I'm Logan."

Isabella jumped a bit, slightly startled. She observed Logan's wide smile and gorgeous, ice blue eyes, and she couldn't help but smile back. "Hey Logan, I'm Isabella. Most of the people I know call me Bella. Isn't this band great! I love the song that's playing now. Is this from the band, Jet?"

"Jet? No, this is the Beatles!" He laughed, as he scooted a chair close to where she was sitting, and sat down himself.

"Ah, I should have known that!" Giggling, Isabella dramatically put her hands over her face.

Logan was glad he had the courage to come over. Isabella's laugh was precious. "Did you come to the dance by yourself?"

"No, I came with my friend, Becca, but some guy came over to ask her to dance, so now I'm by myself."

"I came with my friend, Mason, but he seems to care more about food than music. I think he's at the pretzel table right now." Walk the Moon's 'Shut Up and Dance' song started to play as he was talking. "I love this song! Would you like to dance?"

Isabella felt her heart race with nervous thoughts about getting up on the dance floor, but she felt more at ease when Logan stood and held out his hand to help her up. He was a real gentleman. "Oh, Okay."

They held hands until they reached the dance floor. Soon the two were laughing, singing along to the music, jumping up and down, and having the time of their lives. They danced some more, and by the time Katy Perry's 'Firework' played, the couple felt as though they'd been friends forever.

"Whoo, that was so much fun! Why don't we take a break and find that pretzel and punch table." Logan suggested.

"Oooh, okay, I could use a drink." Isabella took Logan's hand as they walked to the other side of the dance hall.

Mason was back at the table again, for the third time that night. "There you are, and you brought along a pretty girl!" He winked.

"Mason, I think I found my soulmate, thanks to this rock 'n' roll band!"


an animated divider
© Copyright 2016 Maryann (UN: mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maryann has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885507-Rock-n-Roll-Band