*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878847-Lists-Day-8-Movies-Ive-Seen-Multiple-Times
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2072393
The catch-all for items related to and/or inspired by the music that shaped me.
#878847 added April 8, 2016 at 6:58pm
Restrictions: None
Lists, Day 8: Movies I've Seen Multiple Times.
I joke a lot that I've seen maybe four movies from start to finish, because my attention span is so lousy and whatever. And that's partially true; may attention span is...oooh shiny red ball! I try to avoid conversations that revolve around cinematic adventures because it always seems like I've never seen the one people are talking about. I also dislike wasting time, and I hate the idea of devoting ninety minutes or more to something that's gonna end up sucking. I would honestly rather rewatch something I've already taken the time to see than gamble on something that I may or may not enjoy...and therein lies the rub: to have enjoyed it, I would've had to have seen it in the first place. That means I have to trust my gut...it has to look like something I will 100% be on board with after previews and commercials and whatever. Plunk down half a day's wages to sit in a stank-ass movie theater for two hours because maybe? is just not good business to me.

That said, in honor of Rex Manning Day  , here are ten movies (in no particular order) I could watch from sunrise to sunset, six days a week (on the seventh day, I rest *Smirk*):

1) Friday  : First one that comes to mind. I've seen this so many times with so many people, and it's hilarious every single time. There really isn't a line in this movie that isn't quotable  .

2) Major League  : Not joking when I say there was one summer when I'd watch this three times a week before going out and playing baseball. This was years before Charlie Sheen went batshit cray-cray  .

3) Dumb & Dumber  : When you spend almost five years working for a company whose primary objective is to sell home electronics, you tend to see a lot of the same movies over and over. This was one of them, and it's obviously very, very funny. Radio? Who needs a radio?  

4) Austin Powers  : Another one of those movies that has been seen with multiple groups of people, and is highly quotable. Retro fashion never goes out of style. And honestly, who throws a shoe?  

5) I Am Trying To Break Your Heart  : A documentary about the making of Wilco's legendary album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. The scene toward the beginning where Jeff Tweedy draws a face on his belly and makes it talk, then tries to put a cigarette in its belly button/mouth, and then asks for gum so it'll stick, is worth the price of the dvd alone. I didn't think I'd find it on YouTube, but I looked anyway, and the very beginning of the scene is at the tail end of the opening credits  .

6) Tommy Boy  : How do you not love Chris Farley? He's a big dumb animal  , isn't he, folks?

7) Happy Gilmore  : I was gonna try to do this without an Adam Sandler flick, but at one time he was pretty funny...and this was probably the height of his comedic career (why am I talking about him in past tense?). I'd probably call a Bob Barker ass-whoopin'   a career highlight too, in all honesty.

8) Slap Shot  : Why are half of my favorite movies also sports-related? Even if you don't like hockey, it's still funny...there's somethin' for (almost) everyone...even a fashion show  .

9) Blazing Saddles  : Quite frankly, Hollywood will never make a movie like this   again.

10) Empire Records  : DAMN THE MAN!!  

I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting, and there are way better movies and everyone's probably seen all these hundreds of times, but this is my list and I don't care. Today, we will not dwell *Smirk2*...


© Copyright 2016 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878847-Lists-Day-8-Movies-Ive-Seen-Multiple-Times