*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870261-Availability-and-Downtime
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#870261 added January 8, 2016 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
Availability and Downtime
Prompt: Do you feel you have to be available at all times? How has this affected your down time?

---------------------------

I have to be available to me, at all times, so I can be available to all those other people and places. As to downtime, I found this definition of it online:

"Downtime or outage duration refers to a period of time that a system fails to provide or perform its primary function. Reliability, availability, recovery, and unavailability are related concepts."


I wouldn’t want my system to fail, even when it is not working at full capacity, like right now, due to a possible virus which is making me feel sick. I still push it because I don’t want to lose those related concepts of reliability, availability, and recovery.

Generally speaking, I like all the work I do, no matter how mundane. In addition, I don’t do any work that I don’t like. Thus, at times, the difference between work and leisure is so blurred that I don’t know whether I am working or having fun.

It is a good idea to have fun with what one is doing and finding the fun part of what one has to do.

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870261-Availability-and-Downtime