*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869071-Spiritual-Nectar-1
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#869071 added December 22, 2015 at 2:09am
Restrictions: None
Spiritual Nectar 1
QUESTION:
Please explain the nature of worldly and divine happiness.

Answer:
Divine Happiness - that which you call parama sukhadam - is pure, unalloyed bliss, happiness in its own right.

QUESTION :
But surely, there is happiness in the world too

Answer:
Then why do you make this remark-?

QUESTION :
Why do people run after material happiness?

Answer:
You know this happiness from experience, and hence your question. But God is gracious and makes you see that this so-called happiness is not happiness. He kindles discontent and anguish in you, which is due to the want of communion with the Divine. Worldly happiness is derived from the countless manifestations of God. People talk and marvel about those who renounce the world, but in actual fact? it is you yourself Who have renounced everything.

What is this ‘everything’?

God!

Leaving Him aside, everyone is literally practicing supreme renunciation. It is only natural that the sense of want should awaken. Even in the midst of comforts and pleasures, one feels homesick in a foreign land. There is distress even in happiness, one’s possessions are not really one’s own - this is what He causes man to feel. It is said, is it not, that on being hit one recovers one’s senses, one learns by receiving blows.

When He manifests Himself as worldly happiness, one dots not feel contented, for along with it He appears as the sense of want.

But divine happiness, even the tiniest particle of a grain of it, never leaves one again; and when one attains to the Essence of Things and finds one’s Self - this is Supreme Happiness.

When it is found, nothing else remains to be found; the sense of want will not awaken anymore, and the heart’s torment be stilled for ever. Do not be satisfied with fragmentary happiness, which is invariably interrupted by shocks and blows of fate; but become complete, and having attained to perfection, be YOURSELF.

© Copyright 2015 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869071-Spiritual-Nectar-1