*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858353-A-story-of-worldly-desires
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#858353 added August 26, 2015 at 11:58am
Restrictions: None
A story of worldly desires
A proud king was touring his kingdom with a retinue of ministers, body guards and soldiers.

On the way he met a poor old beggar with his bowl of alms. The king stopped in front of the beggar, and asked, "Beggar, what do you want?"

The king did not know that the beggar was infact the King's spiritual Guru in his previous lives. He had manifested in order to teach the king a lesson and to humble him.

The beggar, thus replied, "O' Great King, give me something that will fill my bowl of alms"

The king laughed and said, "Is that all??"

He commanded one of his ministers to fill the bowl with money. No sooner than the bowl was filled, it became empty again.

The minister put in more money, but the bowl remained empty. The king's inflated ego was hurt and he ordered more and more to be poured into the bowl, but the bowl continued to remain empty.

All precious gems, rubies, diamonds, sapphires were poured into the bowl by the king, but the bowl continued to remain empty.

Finally, the king had nothing to offer. He was humbled and fell at the beggars feet and said, "O' beggar, what is your bowl made of?"

The beggar than revealed himself as the king's erstwhile spiritual Guru and said, "O' King, this bowl is made up of desires, which never gets satiated"

Moral:
*********
Our worldly desires of the delusional maya world can never be satiated. When a desire is met, it is forgotten to give rise to another. After we obtain an object of desire, we forget all about it and chase another desire. This continues endlessly. As desires are fulfilled, a new one takes its place quickly.

© Copyright 2015 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858353-A-story-of-worldly-desires