*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/855657-When-Stuck-in-Between
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#855657 added July 28, 2015 at 12:09pm
Restrictions: None
When Stuck in Between
Prompt: We all agree that loyalty is the foundation of relationships with friends and those we love; however, at times, our loyalties get tangled, put in danger, or clash with each other. How is it possible to keep our loyalties intact when people clash or destroy one another?

=========

This is what I call being trapped between a rock and a hard place. Something in this vein happened to us when we were newlyweds. We had two other couples as friends; both couples had been married for years and with children. One of the guys was a womanizer, unbeknownst to me. This guy had a string of office affairs until the wife caught on to him. The husband of the other couple knew about this, as they worked in the same place, and had told his wife.

Luckily for us, when all this was happening, we were out of the country, and when we came back, they presented us with their mess as if we were a couple of Supreme Court judges. The mess itself wasn’t too bad, but what was bad was that the adulterer had told his wife that the other guy knew of it. He also made sure to say that the other wife knew of it, too.

The adulterer’s wife picked on the other wife for not alerting her. Then the adulterer also said that the other guy had had some kind of an affair, too, which I thought he was possibly lying to take the down the other guy with him. Anyhow the four of them were like big cats, scratching each other. Worst was, they were all coming to us, telling their troubles, and purposely involving us.

Since I was still in my twenties then, I didn’t have the guts to tell all of them to get lost and neither did hubby. The result is, there was no result. Both couples stayed together, but we stayed away from them, after slowly easing ourselves out of their friendships.

Staying out of clashes and entanglements can be done but may not always be possible. I would opt for staying out of the clashes, and when it is not possible, dropping such loyalties. I guess to keep loyalties intact, one has to have a lot of life experience and a cool head. In addition, each case is different.



© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/855657-When-Stuck-in-Between