*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847508-Chap-Sixteen-Gods-Invitation-Leads-to-a-Crisis-of-Belief
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2038768
What I have learned from my Bible Study Experiencing God by Henry and Richard Blackaby
#847508 added April 20, 2015 at 6:42pm
Restrictions: None
Chap Sixteen-God’s Invitation Leads to a Crisis of Belief
Question 1. Are you presently experiencing a crisis of belief? If so, what is God asking you to do? What is it that keeps you from obeying?

A crisis of belief is when God gives an assignment that we cannot do on our own. Some people may decide not to do the assignment because they believe that the task is impossible. This is the crisis of belief. Go back and read how Moses responded when God told him that his assignment was to led the Israelites out of Egypt. Moses at first came up with one excuse after another. Moses was experiencing a crisis of belief. However, others will tackle the assignment head on since it is from God. Whatever, we cannot do, God will provide assistance.

The main thing that hinders me is a lack of faith. Without faith, I will not be able to accomplish God’s will. I realize that I have a comfort zone where I try to build my life. In other words, I like to live my life where everything is under my control. However, living a life of ease is not what God wants. He needs to disrupt our lives to make us dependent on him. Once I recognize the crisis of belief, I can be prepared for God’s assignment.

Question 2. What does your preset walk with God reveal about what you believe about him? What is the evidence of god at work in and through your life?

God is all truth. What he promised he will do. However, it is necessary to have faith in God. Faith and obedience go hand-in-hand. You cannot obey or please god without faith. We must have faith in order to do what God wants us to do.

As Christians it is one of our biggest desires to draw others to god. However, when we lack the faith to do things that only God can do, the rest of the world is not attracted to God.

Question 3. What in your life or the life of your church can only be explained by the presence of the Almighty God?

Throughout the experiencing God Bible Study, God has revealed several things about me. These include:

I lack faith that God can do the impossible through me.

I am using human reasoning to carry out God’s plans.

I allow the storms of life to overwhelm me. I forget that God exists or believe that he does not care.

Question 4. Is there something in your life you struggle to turn over to God? How is God presently seeking to increase your faith in him?

As I answered in the above question, I know what my pitfalls and weaknesses are. Now that I know what they are, this is what I must do:

When I face a crisis of belief, what I do is an indicator of my faith in God.

Since I believe God and believe what he says, I must act in faith.

When I act in faith, God will see me through the rough assignments.

All my actions I take must demonstrate my faith in God.

Reference:

Questions are taken from Experiencing God Knowing and Doing the Will of God. Henry and Richard Blackaby.

© Copyright 2015 Life is Too Short (UN: lulu13903 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Life is Too Short has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847508-Chap-Sixteen-Gods-Invitation-Leads-to-a-Crisis-of-Belief