*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840974-Tuesday-febuary-10th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2029789
A book of postings made in my Blog City
#840974 added February 10, 2015 at 8:22am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday febuary 10th
Prompt: What does being human mean to you? What constitutes an example of being human?

To me being human is owning the fact that we are imperfect. Each and everyone of us. We all have different strength and weakness, the level of each range according to uncountless contributing factors and the ways we compensate for them varies just as differently. In the end not a singal one of us is perfect, although we are always striving for perfection though out our lives.

It is said to be "Human" nature to need one another. I think it is just nature in general. Look at any animal herd. They care each other, they strive for positive attention but will settle for negative, and they teach each other. I think the "human" element is the need for validation.

We as humans feed off serving some purpose. We need have a reason for being, and we need to be validated for the feelings we have. Compassion is not shared among the animal world. Many will leave the sick or weak in despair, they no long benefit the herd so they disposed of. Humans nurture our sick and weak until the bitter end. We validate each others existence and in turn give purpose to those of us remaining.


Our relationships are just as complicated as we have emotional needs must be meet in every case. The level of the relationship does not matter (friends, mate, family) each has its own set of emotional needs to feed. In the animal world once a young is considered grown it is on its own to branch off and develop its own herd and rarely do the original mingle with the new set (of coarse there exception to every rule). Humans hold tight to each generation. Our elders are mingled with our youngest and everywhere in between.

Humans make mistakes though out our lives. In fact we use them as judgment scales in most cases. If a person seems perfect they are fake, a situation has no flaw humans are cynical and suspicious of it, a plan covers every aspect there is a hidden agenda and if a relationship looks perfect we examine closer knowing there is secretes being hid. Perfect is not human, regardless of one beliefs religion or otherwise that is the one constant. How we deal with those mistakes is what defines us. By character, by relationship, by work it all defines who we are and the perception we portray to others.

To me what constitutes an example of being human is the ability to recognize all of the above and take it all into account when rationalizing out a situations.


Taz

Embracing & Feeding the writing addiction

© Copyright 2015 Taz_Koby (UN: rj_koby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Taz_Koby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840974-Tuesday-febuary-10th