*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839029
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#839029 added January 19, 2015 at 9:47pm
Restrictions: None
Rejected Love- Victorian Writing Entry
Prompt: "People feel with their hearts, Ellen and since he has destroyed mine, I have no power to feel for him." Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

Amanda couldn't believe what Lord Adam Tremaine was saying. He had danced with her at the last four balls and been over to her house for dinner a few times. He had even kissed her twice. He had bought her flowers and she thought it was love. The night had started out so lovely. This was the last ball of the season. He was going to propose to her. Adam took her arm in his and lead her outside to the balcony. He smiled at her. Here was the serious part.

Adam grabbed Amanda's hand. "Miss Amanda Beaumont, I would like to offer you my world of riches and a chance to be Lady Tremaine. Would you do me the honor of being my wife?"

Amanda's eyes lit up. She knew her father and Adam had discussed her marrying him and now he was asking. She loved him. She was ready to be his wife. "Lord Tremaine, I am hopelessly in love with you. Yes, my Darling, I will marry you."

"Amanda, this isn't about love. This is about being higher up in the ton, being superior above others and I have more money then your father and you are part of a business arrangement. People like us don't need to be in love. Money and power is what is all about. We will never speak of love again. I don't love you. I like you. You are charming and beautiful and we just need enough affection to have children. You are a business arrangement. You won't find anyone more suited for your needs then me. If you say no, your father will kick you out of his house."

Amanda was heartbroken. He didn't love her. She loved him and he was the most handsome man ever and her father wanted power and more money. Her father would kick her out of his house. She had no choice. She held back her tears. He was cruel. Her father and this man. Amanda swallowed her pride and quietly said: "Lord Adam Tremaine, I accept your marriage offer."

"That is more like it. You will have everything a woman could want. I won't have mistresses right away until after we have a couple of children. Just remember love is what the poor people of London have and they have nothing. They are dirty and diseased and no better gypsies and pirates. Be glad you are above all that."

Amanda married Adam and he was never home but she had money and riches. They had two children and after the two children, he was never affectionate towards her. Amanda fell out of love with him after they were married. Adam had his mistresses. She had also found out her parents were never in love and Adam's parents hadn't been, either.

Amanda and Adam's son was just like his father. The daughter Emily was quiet and sweet. Emily grew up and fell in love and Amanda felt sorry for her. After meeting Emily's intended, a lawyer Jason Pernell, she could tell Jason loved her.

"Lady Tremaine, I love Emily and would never hurt her. I am a lawyer and can support her." Jason had his arm around Emily and they had the look of love in their eyes.

Amanda didn't believe in love but when she saw Emily and Jason together, she changed her mind. Adam wasn't going to approve of this marriage.

Adam told Emily that if she married Jason, that he would disinherit her. Adam left on his horse in a drunken state and fell off his horse when the horse threw him against a tree and killed him.

Amanda was relieved and happy. She had her heart destroyed by Adam but now she felt alive. Emily and Jason were married and Amanda later found love with a Noble. Her heart was alive again.

Sig to use for contestants
© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839029