*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829199-Laughter-Is-The-Best-Medicine--Communicating
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#829199 added September 27, 2014 at 12:31am
Restrictions: None
Laughter Is The Best Medicine & Communicating
Today's blogs....

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Funny Friday
Is laughter the best medicine? Do you believe it really makes a difference with stress and our health? Share some laughter with us.


I do believe laughter is the best medicine and find I look for the humourous in the life around me. I have a tendency, when I am nervous or when I do something stupid, to laugh. The laugh is at myself and my situation. My family tends to do the same thing. My husband and his family do not work that way. To laugh at those times, makes my husband furious; so I have learned to bite my tongue and come to the page to share my humour with folks that will appreciate it.

Here's a funny I often used to act out to my mother when she was having a down day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ry8khR922g

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 207


Prompt: How do you communicate best? Speaking or writing?

Writing, of course. Speaking often finds me tongue tied and twisted... particularly when I am nervous. I find when I teach, it is necessary to listen to what is being asked of me and response with thoughtful care. I prefer to prepare myself before I teach, rehearsing what I am going to say so that I come off sounding like an authority. I do the same kind of thing when I have to make a phone conversation that is important. I will make notes and endeavour to hit on those points when I speak.
Writing allows for editing and my stumbles and tangents can be curtailed or worked into the mix with some kind of finesse.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly - aka Joan Watson (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly - aka Joan Watson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829199-Laughter-Is-The-Best-Medicine--Communicating