*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827732-Follow-the-Yellow-Brick-Road
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#827732 added September 10, 2014 at 6:26am
Restrictions: None
Follow the Yellow Brick Road!
30DBC - 10th September - Prompt: Complete the following sentence and discuss it: In order to get to _____, firth you have to _____.

*shrug*
Firth means:
the word in the Lowland Scots language and in English used to denote various coastal waters in Scotland and England. In mainland Scotland it is used to describe a large sea bay, or even a strait. In the Northern Isles it more usually refers to a smaller inlet.


On account of this, rightly or wrongly, I will be changing this word to 'first" in today's prompt. I have to say, I looked at the prompt when I first woke up and thought "huh, I don't get it. Maybe I will after coffee"... Nope. So as I say, I've taken it upon myself to change the prompt *Laugh*

Yesterday, I spoke about wanting to share my top secret secret, but couldn't share because I wasn't allowed. There was a bit of disappointment with this. In fact, Fivesixer said I was impolite doing such a thing. Soooo.... To answer today's prompt:

In order to get to my top secret secret, first you have to follow the yellow brick road.

** Image ID #2008925 Unavailable **


I'm hoping that by the end of this challenge (30th September) I will be allowed to share. So, for the next twenty days, I will give you a yellow brick at the end of each (or most) of my blog entries. With each brick will be a clue pointing towards what my top secret secret is! You can all have one guess each day. The first person to guess correctly will win a Mystery MB from me. I will NOT tell you if you're right or wrong until I know I am allowed to announce. If I am allowed to announce before the end of the 30DBC, the clues will become more obvious.
So, to sum up, use my daily clues to guess my secret. Be the first and you'll win a Mystery MB.


In Other News:

*Note2* I'm hungry. I've not eaten since last night. Therefore, it must be breakfast time! *Pthb*
*Note1* I'm waiting for a delivery from Amazon. I'm kinda excited, I bought three poetry books. I've got really into poetry recently, so I wanted some references. I also bought a book on Runes and one on Tarot - I've just had a spark of interest so wanted to have a read. They both come with mini sets, so I'll get to have a play, too. Don't worry, I'm not turning into Madame Tula the Psychic - I'm just interested.
*Note2* I live in a kind of U-shape of houses that has a small green in the middle. Its a really nice area. Since I've been on the sofa (right next to the front window) for weeks resting my foot, I've had quite a nice view of children playing and adults chatting. However, it has now turned into a building site. We have one house having a double story extension, and another house getting a new conservatory. Exciting for them, but my view is ruined!


Today's Yellow Brick
Follow these to get to my secret


*Starb* I am not pregnant (that was pointed out by me yesterday so I thought I'd add this in.

*Starg* It has absolutely nothing to do with bricks (that's today's clue!)

© Copyright 2014 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827732-Follow-the-Yellow-Brick-Road