*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827635-The-Importance-of-Breakfast
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#827635 added September 9, 2014 at 6:53am
Restrictions: None
The Importance of Breakfast
30DBC - 9th September - Prompt: 'A balanced breakfast is a healthy way to start each day.' Scientific truth, or marketing propaganda?

As I start to write this, its about 8:30am. I've been up hours, for some reason. I was going to get this post going earlier but I've been busy replying to emails and writing blog comments. WDC has well and truly pushed its way back int my life *Bigsmile*

I'm sitting here with my breakfast:
*Note0* A banana - get the good bit out the way
*Note0* A can of coke - I've gone full fat today, no diet or 'life'!
*Note0* A Special K Biscuit Moments thing. Its chocolate flavour, but since the 2 biscuits are 98 calories together, we all know its not real chocolate - its a LIE!
*Note0* An empty (the first thing to disappear) carton of iced (fridged) coffee. Although, I might go get another one!

*ahem* is that balanced enough?? *Laugh* two good(ish) things Vs two bad(ish) things. Obviously, coke for breakfast is BAAAD! But I have a broken foot, its allowed!
To be honest, I genuinely cannot remember the last time I had proper breakfast food for breakfast. *Facepalm* That's a LIE as well - the last time was on my Honeymoon. But before that, who knows. I normally (if I'm working) leave the house stupidly early so I don't have time to sit down for a leisurely meal. So I just grab snacks and run. Grab and run, people! Grab and run!

I ate breakfast when I swam for a living. But then that was only because if I didn't eat all day every day, I felt like I would die a painful death! *Laugh*
In fact, prompts about nutrition remind be of being an athlete and sitting in lectures about nutrition for hours and hours on end! *Shovel* dig a hole and put me in it so I don't need to listen to this drivel! I remember one of our nutritionalists, was a very very big lady. And after watching what she ate at meal times while we were away, made me shut off completely! "la la la la laaaaa".

So, yeah, I don't really eat "breakfast foods" in the morning. However, I am going to answer this prompt in the simplest way possible. Watch, I'm about to blow your little cotton socks off:

The word breakfast literally refers to breaking the fasting period of the prior night.

Therefore, unless you starve yourself all day, you always eat breakfast. Whether its at 6am, 1pm or 7pm, technically you're eating breakfast! You always break the "fast" at some point during the day.
With this in mind, I do conclude that breakfast is, indeed, the most important meal of the day. No amount of battling against propaganda will stop your need to eat at some point on each day. Even if its only one meal a day and you call it "dinner". Do not kid yourself!

*Starfishp* BOOM! *Starfishp*
*takes a bow*



In other news

*Note1* This post has actually taken me hours (I kept wandering off) and yet I still haven't eaten the food I listed earlier! *Facepalm*
*Note1* For some reason today, I really want to share the top secret secret I alluded to the other day. I'm not allowed to announce it but that makes me want to share even more!!! hmmm... *think of a clue I can offer without giving it away*... gahhh *Silent* (its not WDC related!)
*Note1* I ought to do three reviews today
*Note1* I think that's enough of my nonsense today

© Copyright 2014 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827635-The-Importance-of-Breakfast