*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827358-Creative-Saturday-My-reaction-was-efacepalm
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#827358 added September 6, 2014 at 8:26am
Restrictions: None
Creative Saturday: My reaction was {e:facepalm}
30 DBC - 5th September - Prompt You know how I love *Music1* } *Music2* Create a list of five or more melodies that immediately evoke a specific memory of a person and a place. Share with us who and where along with your list. I am not looking for the utube links just the song titles. I want to see your creativity.

Apparently, today is Creative Saturday, which is unfortunate. I do not feel in the least bit creative. To illustrate:

This morning, after moping around on the sofa for a good few hours (watching Good Morning Vietnam), I did my WDC rounds.
First I went to "Invalid Item to check out today's prompt. My reaction was *Facepalm*
Then I went to 30DBC to check out today's prompt. My reaction was *Facepalm*
Then I remembered I still needed to write Sestina and Decuain Poems for "Invalid Item. My reaction was *Facepalm*
Then I also remembered I need to update/give out prizes for "CLOSED!The Monthly Reading Challenge. My reaction was *Facepalm* *Facepalm* *Facepalm*

Soooo, here we are! Facepalming all over the show! My brain has nothing, nada, zilch. But I'll try...

However, my first question for this prompt is... Melodies! When it says melodies, does it mean songs or just melodies? Melodies are over my head. Songs I can do! So, if I do this wrong, I apologise - I have little control over my brain today! Can't you tell?

Here we go...

*Music1* Sea of Love by Cat Power  , Walk like an Egyptian by The Bangles  , I can't dance by Genesis  , and I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness  
You'll think I'm cheating by putting four songs together. I'm not, not really. You see, when Chris and I came to deciding our "First Dance" for the wedding, we were stuck! Neither of us can dance and the thought of us having to sway for four minutes filled us with dread. So, we had a genius idea - we did a mash up, with these four songs in this order. We had a nice romantic song to start, fooling everyone into thinking "awww". Then after 45 seconds or so it just got ridiculous and funny. The middle two songs were on for a short time each. Then the final song was played in full and we got all the bridesmaids and best men up dancing with us. I was great fun!

*Music2* Viva La Vida by Coldplay  
This was the last song I played on my iPod before I went out to win my silver medal at the Beijing Paralympics 2008. I've never been quite sure why. I think it might have been because I was the current world champion but knew I had no chance of winning gold. Not a very positive song when I think of it in that sense. Oopsy!

*Music1* See Who I am by Within Temptation  
I had this song on repeat before and during the 2010 World Championships. Again, I'm not entirely sure why... Due to injury and surgery I shouldn't really have been at those World Champs, I was told my career was over. I think I played this song to death to tell myself it wasn't over - not the end! I ended up winning gold! *Gold* Boom!

*Music2* Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake  , I am the one and Only - Chesney Hawkes  , Summer of '69 by Brian Adams  
I have to put some in here from my party days. Songs that my friend and I would go crazy over. Not because they were amazing songs. Just because we could be ridiculous and dance like loons

*Music1* Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen  
I remember, while going through a bad break-up, telling my best friend to get in my car at 11pm one night. I drove us to a massive, deserted car park, turning the volume up to full and playing this. We sung along, so loud our voices croaked. We did it again and again until I declared that I was done and drove home to bed.

So there we go... I think that'll do *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2014 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827358-Creative-Saturday-My-reaction-was-efacepalm