*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814515-The-line-separating-oceans-genre-and-authors
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#814515 added April 21, 2014 at 10:35pm
Restrictions: None
The line separating oceans, genre and authors...
You've seen the picture of "the oceans that meet, and the visible line separating them."

Well, it seems this is a fallacy;
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/mythbusting-place-where-two-oceans-meet-gu...

http://www.southafrica.info/about/geography/oceansmeet.htm#.U1T-tu0ayc0

What about authors and their preferred genre?

I wondered today if us writers become physically stereotyped to the more common genre we focus on, and if this is the case, what would each author look like?

What are the benchmarks of each typical type of story?

Is Witchcraft (JK Rowling) - a petite vaguely bored blonde woman with glasses?

What about whodunits? (Arthur Conan Doyle) A stern man with thick moustache, white shirt, tie and pocketwatch?

Romance authors. (Nora Roberts) Are they all well dressed, mature women in fashionable suits, with wavy hair styles, and heavy made-up gazes?

Lawyer / Wall street fiction writers. (John Grisham) Expert but carefully understated grooming, direct analysing stance, brown clothing.

Fan Fiction. Teenager, bruised eyes, hyperactive, strange sleeping patterns, random emotional outbursts, eats lots of 2 minute meals in a cup. Likes Happy Socks.

Blogger. Oddball. Different sized eyes. Laughs at inappropriate times.
Loses most good writing from forgetting to save it. Stares blankly and has few friends. Had lots of friends but they grew tired of no response.

Sparky

Quills sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814515-The-line-separating-oceans-genre-and-authors