*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812514-Edumacation-or-organamanizing-skills-Take-your-pick
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#812514 added April 4, 2014 at 3:18am
Restrictions: None
Edumacation or organamanizing skills. Take your pick...
Organising my books has never been a major problem for me, because I only possess a handful. The ones I do have are very special, each one.



But this was an interesting article.

http://bookriot.com/2014/03/28/parabolas-colors-and-tattered-pages-creative-ways...

I'm very excited at the moment because it's not books that need organising here.

It's me.

And this last few days I've finally got someone to help do that. First chapter of The Influence Gene has been organised, and this is major progress for me.



I enjoy writing the story. I enjoy coming up with the plot, forming the characters and what not, but after fooling around with the same chapters for years, I was bogging down in cross eyed-ness, feeling depressed and all sorry for myself. Not really acceptable.
Sometimes in life, you have to accept that there are things you are better off paying someone else to do, rather than trying to be everything to everybody.

If you wanted to drive from Sydney to Melbourne, you wouldn't begin this by getting a job in a foundry, would you? You wouldn't go and work at the car factory assembling suspension components to make the vehicle. You wouldn't even work at a car yard selling the vehicles to someone. Leave that to the sales guys and gals.

No, you'd buy the vehicle and do the things you are best at doing. Driving, maintaining, washing and polishing, filling with petrol, checking the oil and water, filling the windscreen washer bottle and vacuuming the carpet and seats every week or so.

It's not wrong to want to be like a self sufficient paddock to plate type farmer. It's ok to be a jack of all trades, and capable of doing the entire thing. I'm sure plenty of people do this and are very good at every facet of novel / book creation; writing, editing, printing, binding, publishing, promoting, marketing and raking in the cash in a tax minimising way.

But it's not my forte. I need to stick to what I can do, commit my time and what neurones I have, and have left, to doing this the best way I can.

Can't wait until I have every chapter done and the whole thing is ready to go. Just have to do the next book then. *Smile*

But, isn't it exciting! Anyone whose never experienced writing a novel, creating the whole story from fresh air, from scratch, doesn't know what they are missing.

The drug of WRITING!

I know it's silly. But I want to rush outside, slamming the flyscreen door, yelling and shrieking at the top of my lungs, scaring away the flocks of cockatoos, galahs and crows, screaming the word WRITING, over and over again.

Maybe I will do it. It's not illegal. Yet. The drug of choice, but mind the side effects! Smiling face, bags under the eyes, headaches during the day, yawning, bed hair and a general seedy appearance.

WRITING.

Do it for yourself. But keep ya feet warm.



Sparky

Quills sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812514-Edumacation-or-organamanizing-skills-Take-your-pick