*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799994-Babysitting
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#799994 added December 11, 2013 at 4:59pm
Restrictions: None
Babysitting
December 11, 2013

More babysitting adventure to look forward to tonight. I recall the role all too well growing up. I was the oldest of eight kids and it seemed like I was forever babysitting. I am glad that I can give someone respite. My son and his wife have errands to run and I would like nothing better than to be with Joshua.

I love words and babysitting is a good one. Last week I had opportunity to read with Joshua when he was becoming drowsy. There are several good children books out there. One talked about the kissing hand. Someone let mom kiss his hand so that they could know mom's kiss would always be with them. Later the child kissed his mom's hand for the same reason. It was very cleverly done. I hope that I can be that kissing hand as Joshua get ready for the craziness of Christmas. He is only two years old and I can not imagine the overload he must feel. I pray that we all find ways to be there for children, being reminded of how Jesus came to us.

I honestly believe that nothing feels nicer than being able to hold heaven in our arms. I pray that all can know what this means as Christmas approaches. Babysitting is just that. Giving a child a chance to sit and know that they are precious to God and others.
*BigSmile*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799994-Babysitting