*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797993-Being-single
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#797993 added November 16, 2013 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
Being single...
... ... ...

me:

I saw Myrt today. She has apparently come out of her shell after a year and a half. She was very ill and ended up in assisted living, but she obviously has decided to live. She's ornery enough...

And so am I sometimes... I think.

But none of us knows how we will respond to illness, death of loved ones or extreme circumstances. Oh, we "think" we know and hope... but we really don't.

Myrt never married, never had a serious relationship, has struggled with mental illness and eventually stopped working. She's 77 and God-willing will be 78 in February shortly after I return.

I told her we should celebrate it as her 100th... *Laugh*

She got the joke. A good indication the old Myrt is back.

Me? My situation is similar. I live alone and with traveling around have difficulty maintaining close relationships. Will my knight-in-shiny-armor (yes, I wrote shiny not shining... I'd be lucky if it were tarnished) show up... maybe run me over. Apologize by serving breakfast in bed?

I doubt that!

My friend Lavinia moved back last night. She had hoped... had taken the risk... it didn't quite work out. BUT she had the courage to take that risk! I gave her permission to cry. She needed to.

So, who knows. Lightning might strike me too. And if it doesn't kill me it might cure me.
44,141




© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797993-Being-single