*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789215-Holding-your-breath
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#789215 added August 19, 2013 at 8:49pm
Restrictions: None
Holding your breath
Daughter and friend were running a race in the carpeted hallway of aunty's house; waiting until the sensor light turns dark, then trying to get to the other end before the light turns back on.

On returning home after tea, we argued whether the smell in our house was our own cat marking it's territory or a noisy tom he's been fighting a couple nights ago.
Or is the smell our own dog that my wife says I'm a "softie" for letting inside to lie in front of the wood heater as it's freezing cold snowy weather out, and she's such a poor sad lonely doggie out there in the dark alone. Well? She IS!!

Or is the smell the damp wood that was cut and stacked on a cow farm out of town until it dried so probably has cow muck on it. Sort of smoulders and emits a nasty NASTY odour not in keeping with lounge room relaxation and gentle companionable silences.

But wife insists that the domestically offensive smell is of human origin although I can't for the life of me agree that this theory could be possible. Nope. Blame the pets is best for world peace.

I hear you say, "What has a gagging quality smell got to do with kids rushing along a deserted night time hallway trying to beat electricity?"

Well, perhaps they attempt to outrun something that follows them so loyally, hot on their heels so to speak, that, like the virtually instantaneous electrons travelling along a cable, they will never outrun such an entity as a bad smell.

But using the theory of Pythagoras and the positions of the Southern Cross constellation, coupled with atomic mass entanglement, the reaction would probably have the same result whoever did the running of THAT race.

The last thing anyone needs, not even the barest suggestion, is the irresponsible act of applying anything to such a potentially flammable element, no, nothing remotely...

Sparky

© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789215-Holding-your-breath