*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749048-St-Patricks-Day-at-home
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#749048 added March 17, 2012 at 3:02pm
Restrictions: None
St. Patrick’s Day at home
March 14, 2012, Saturday, Day 17 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is HOW WAS YOUR DAY? WHAT HAPPENED?


It’s Saturday, March 17, 2012, St. Patrick’s Day at 11:41:47 AM. I’m sitting down to rest for a bit, so I thought I would start on this entry. I’m on my second load of clothes and have a second pot of coffee working. When I went to the store on Friday, I bought a tray of 19 St. Patrick’s Day cookies. We ate cookies for our first breakfast and then I scrambled eggs for our second breakfast. Since Mom’s home, she’ll want to eat all day.

I’m not up to grazing all day myself, I’m lucky to managed to eat breakfast twice in one day. However, I have to sit down with Mom when she eats, if for no other reason then to keep her from sitting her plate on the couch. When she finishes her meal, if someone (usually me) isn’t sitting beside her then she sits her plate, empty or not, on the couch beside her. I’ve given up reminding her that she should sit it on the T.V. tray in front of her. I choose my battles any more and that isn’t a battle I want to fight.

I have to check on Mom in a few minutes to make sure she didn’t take her hearing aids out of her ears or the oxygen tubes out of her nose. The battles I pick concern those two items and Mom’s meds. Most of the time she doesn’t want to take her meds either, but I think I’ve written about that before.

I may post this earlier then what I intended because I have other things to write, a love seat to clean off, another cup of coffee to pour, and trash to take out. I rolled the large trashcan to the cub this morning, but when I checked a few minutes ago the trucks hadn’t emptied it yet. I hope the don’t forget today because if they do I’m going to have to fill up the one aluminum trashcan and I have empty. The other two are fill of trash and I can’t carry them to the curb. They will just have to wait in the garage until I can empty them in the large plastic can I roll to the curb.

I think we have more trash then anyone else in the neighborhood, but I think that may be due to Mom’s condition. It could also be my imagination or aliens are dumping their trash into my trashcan, which would probably explain some of the weird noise I hear at night.

I’m going to post this because I doubt my day is going to get any more exciting. I could be wrong, I hope I’m not because more exciting usually means more stress and people coming to visit when I just want to deal with Mom and the C.N.A. who comes to help her this afternoon.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749048-St-Patricks-Day-at-home