*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740884-Just-for-fun
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1827494
Just a spot for random musings. No one ever accused me of being a conscientious blogger.
#740884 added December 1, 2011 at 4:58pm
Restrictions: None
Just for fun
"We were chickens in a barrel down here.”





“Fish.” The word escaped before she could stop it. Both men turned to stare at her and she flushed. “The saying is fish in a barrel, Mr. Bellinger. Chickens would be on a fence, I believe.”





“Fish in a barrel. Chickens on a fence. Ducks in a row.” Walter turned his glare back to the other man. “I don’t give a damn what you call it, I didn’t like it.”






Ok, so it was just a bit of fun out of the chapter I deleted and my daughter made me put it back in. I agree with her. It fits the story at that point but why does everything I write have to have those tongue in cheek, sarcastic dialogue moments? I know I'm sarcastic by nature. I even have a sweat shirt with a donkey on it that reads "I'm a smart one" (I believe in truth in advertising, lol). But I can't even kill anyone these days (literarily speaking of course) without some smart elec comment made and/or expected.





Hades was like that. I never knew what was going to come out of Hercules' mouth. At the time, it was fun. But Walter is more fumbling than that. He's the ultimate Nerd. And I get to make him sexy? Ok, so I personally think smart is sexy but the rest of the world seems to want muscles and domination. I prefer the smart guy to the bossy, overbearing man. How do I blend the two? I can give Walt a work out routine but I will never be able to make him smooth. Manipulative, not dominating.





Whimper...





A touch of fantasy...





https://www.deborahmcnemar.webs.com

© Copyright 2011 Raine (UN: crystalraine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740884-Just-for-fun