*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734813-I-love-you-Daddy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#734813 added September 24, 2011 at 7:31pm
Restrictions: None
I love you, Daddy
30-Day Blogging Challenge September 1 to September 30, 2011 ~ Day 23 Prompt: ""What a lot we lost when we stopped writing letters. You can't reread a phone call.” ~ Liz Carpenter Write a letter to someone you care about, maybe someone you wish to apologize to, maybe someone you miss."


Dear Daddy,

I remember riding on your shoulders when I was very young, sometime between the ages of one and three. I remember you as being tall. You were the tallest person I knew. You were a giant in my eyes, you are still a giant in my memory.

I remember sitting on your lap on Sunday mornings, as you read the comics. You read L’il Abner and another comic about a caveman who road a dinosaurs. I always wanted ride a dinosaur; it was not until I went to school that I realized cavemen and dinosaurs did not live at the same time. I think the name of the comic was Alli Oop.

Daddy I miss you so much. I found out about your death over the internet. I did a search and found out you died. I do not know how you died, probably the result of smoking or drinking too much. It does not matter because all I ever wanted to do was say good-bye and I never did that.

I did not get to say good-bye. I did not get to kiss you on the cheek one more time before you passed into the next world. I wanted to ask you about your experience in World War II. I wanted to ask you about your religious and spiritual beliefs. I wanted to ask you other questions as well.

I never got to say “I love you, Daddy,” before you died. I am saying it now “I love you, Daddy.”

All my love,
Your oldest daughter

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734813-I-love-you-Daddy