*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728609-Day-13---Happiness-in-Harmony
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#728609 added July 13, 2011 at 11:10pm
Restrictions: None
Day 13 - Happiness in Harmony
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Day 13: Pursuit of Happiness
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mohandas Gandhi
Do you think this to be true?
What brings you the greatest happiness in your life?
What is one of your happiest moments?

Prompt Creator: In Your Dirtiest Pants


          I believe Gandhi had some insight into happiness. More often that not, I think, what we think, say, and do are not in line with one another. There are things that we have to do and things we want to do. There are things we have to say, and things we keep inside as not to offend or harm. And thinking is definitely a playground for thoughts and emotions that are not necessarily in tune. However, we can come together in terms of alignment with these three things, we become lighter - like a perfectly baked cake or opening the lock to a safe.

         Family gives me the greatest happiness...and can be the greatest pain, lol. Family doesn't have to be just blood relatives but friends who stick by you thick and thin. It's the laughter and the love and the inside jokes. The people you can just be yourself with. All my brothers, all my sisters, parents, cousin, my guy - smiles all around.

         One my happiness moments started with a lie. I got caught by an acquaintance. We ended up laughing about it. He thought my lie was amusing and somewhat cute, lol. The experience taught me a few valuable lessons like how I can't lie worth a damn. We became friends. Wrote each other everyday. Writing turned to phone calls that lasted all night. Friends gradually turned to something more. He always knows how to make me smile, and I can make him laugh even in the dark times. We've been together three years...

         Happiness can be an elusive thing, but when we get it right, it is a glorious thing. Don't you think? Sending some happiness from me to you all. *Smile*


© Copyright 2011 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728609-Day-13---Happiness-in-Harmony