*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726204-This-Beautiful-Disaster
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#726204 added June 14, 2011 at 7:07pm
Restrictions: None
This Beautiful Disaster
.....Jake had been driving aimlessly ever since leaving Samatha's. He took his eyes off the road to spend a few frantic moments searching the glove compartment for solace in the form of a forgotten and long stale pack of Newports. Coming up empty, he pulled off the road at the first package store he could find and spent his last twenty on a pack of discount menthols and a magnum of cheap vodka. By the time Jake had made it home and stumbled through the door to his apartment, Samantha was a dull ache in the back of his head. Jake navigated through the war zone that was his living room, past the open, empty refrigerator and the fish tank that had been bone dry for months. He focused for a moment on the dayglo orange treasure chest inside, the paint chipped off the tiny gems and string of pearls. It made him want to cry. Jake tossed aside the barrage of empty takeout cartons that were strewn about the surface of the bed. He flopped down just as he lost consciousness, as if someone had switched off all the lights in his pathetic little world.....


© Copyright 2011 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726204-This-Beautiful-Disaster