*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722531-The-Nature-of-Being
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1436307
This blog keeps me in touch with WDC. Jamesdillingham.com keeps me in touch elsewhere.
#722531 added April 18, 2011 at 4:18am
Restrictions: None
The Nature of Being
I have always been interested in the nature of life. Why are we here and How are we here.

I've read some Edgar Cayce and such in search of answers. I've actually had a few experiences myself. However, none of this fits into my calculator. That is to say, I can't hold onto the Unknown and simple Know It.

One theme that I've come across several times is that "Everything that can happen, has happened and is happening right now." To me, this is interesting and somehow important. It is also very hard to imagine. How can that be?

Now, I am reading The Hidden Reality by Brian Greene. He is a physicist that has an easy way to explain complex issues. He wrote the Elegant Universe.

Anyway...

Physicists believe that if the universe is infinite, then a copy of us, as well and nearby copies of us exist elsewhere. Before you discount such an idea, read the book. The very compelling argument is in the first 55 pages. In other words, everything that can happen is happening and it is happening right now; just not right here.

To me, this is fascinating. Before, I'd tried to imagine this all happing as if all the permutations were layered on top of me. Not it looks like that may not be the case.

Now the question becomes, "Is there a bridge between these copies (or near copies) and if so, why?"

I just wanted to get these ideas down in one place so I can look back on it.

jim

© Copyright 2011 Hyperiongate (UN: hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hyperiongate has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722531-The-Nature-of-Being