*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710308-Sometimes-Lifes-Like-A-Runaway-Train
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#710308 added November 4, 2010 at 12:12pm
Restrictions: None
Sometimes Life's Like A Runaway Train...
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Respect was invented to cover the empty place
where love should be.

~Leo Tolstoy

So...I am sitting across from a friend, who simply pours it out that her boyfriend of several months has called her 'twisted' and 'cold'...along with a long list of other things that I just can't remember. I sip my coffee and my mind wanders..here she is thinking she is worthless simply because a man tells her that he doesn't love her....because he has told her as much. And my mind turns back to her again and I am thinking as I stare at her..."here you are telling me you have no place to go because he threw you out like yesterdays garbage...so you feel like 'garbage'. Hmmm...Is this Love?..."
I believe it was Tony Morrison who gave this analogy that I liked...She said, Did you ever see the way the clouds love a mountain? They circle all around it; sometimes you can't even see the mountain for the clouds. But you know what? You go up top and what do you see? His head. The clouds never cover the head. His head pokes through, beacuse the clouds let him; they don't wrap him up. They let him keep his head up high, free, with nothing to hide him or bind him.
Love to me...should be like this analogy. If you are going to turn over your heart to someone...better yet...If you are going to be turning over your entire life to another...than he should be valuing it just as much, or if not more than you value it. Just a thought or two placed out this day...And well...I am thinking I just may have needed something to 'blog' about again...guessing I got it this morning.
I am wishing you all peace in your moments given.

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~ [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710308-Sometimes-Lifes-Like-A-Runaway-Train