*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697131-En-Costa-Rica
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#697131 added May 24, 2010 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
En Costa Rica
... ¡por supuesto!

ME:

Well, I'm rested up after a very long bus/train/plane trip:

Left Iowa and the warmth of Mandy's kindness at 08:00. Arrived in Chi-Town before 17:00 and then took the red line to the purple line to the Baha'i House of Worship in Wilmette (took over 1 hour). Phone was dead, so I couldn't take pictures and post. Took pictures with my camera instead. I'll need to do a special blog entry for that.

Returned by purple-red to Jackson and transferred onto blue-line to O'Hare (which thankfully goes into the terminal!). Took 2 hours. Arrived around 22:00; however, TACA wasn't open so I talked to a young Christian missionary off to Guatemala. Once through all the lines (took forever) I chatted with Kristin who was off to spend 2 months in Quepos, CR with a tico family.

We stopped in Guatemala, changed planes in San Salvador, arrived around 09:30 Sunday morn. Yo = cansado. I'd barely had a nap in over 24 hours. But... got money from an ATH (atm), caught the TUASA to SJ (San Jose), had a wonderful chat with Irma (who at about 4' is the shortest person I've met in a long time), walked to Casa Ridgway and arrived before 11:00. Martha met me and I had a room. But... no nappy for me. Said hello to Claudia-the-cat, George-the-cat, went to the parks and said hello to Rafa and Carlos. Ended up at Plaza de la Cultura and met Diego who joined me in McDonalds when the rains started and then in the Museo de Oro (museum of gold) when they didn't let up.

I came back to Casa Ridgway by way of a Musmanni bakery that had wifi. *Smile* Took a long snooze. It was still raining at 20:00 when I got up.

Met Wynn (Winifred) who is studying gardens across the world... fascinating.

Isabel arrived and now I know how to connect to wifi at this Quaker hostel. *Delight*

Roxanna showed up this morning and I'll reconnect with Luis later.

Today? Relax, say hello to cats and people I know from previous visits.
19,040

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697131-En-Costa-Rica