*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692397-The-silence-of-the-canyon
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#692397 added April 5, 2010 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
The silence of the canyon
ME:

It's Monday. I took a day off from the internet yesterday. Instead, I walked around the south side of Sentinel on the way to Crazy Canyon. I would've gone farther if I had started earlier. Once up on the fire road the walk is very pleasant and past the boundary of LoLo Forest fairly level.

I took a video of the wind in the ponderosa pine, saw an Iowan (Sioux City, U of I.). I mentioned being a flatlander. *Rolleyes* It was very quiet, not like the M or L trails where the sounds of the city and I-90 intrude. I need to learn the songs of the birds. They hide! *Laugh* Nothing in bloom there quite yet either.

It was a walk of "you-can-see-ums", open up, inhale your protein.

Earlier in town I had passed forsythia, daffodils, the first tulips. Took a photo of a rock garden at Sussex and Higgins, noted that the concrete at Arthur and University was stamped 1922... the year of my mother's birth. 22... my favorite number.

Although it's April, I'll have all y'all know that May has always been my favorite month. Maybe by then we'll have some warmth?

It clouded up by sunset when I took this photo. Next time I'll take a better one. *Smile*



Peace, Kåre Enga Too-Many-Blogs

Montana: 38° and a mix of rain and snow en Missoula at 7:00 p.m.
18,561

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692397-The-silence-of-the-canyon