*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677462-Getting-there
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#677462 added November 24, 2009 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Getting there...
*Snow1* NaNoWriMo

"Blood of the Garlic: 25k from 37 pieces entered on-line with approximately 41-48k (69 pieces) written so far. My goal is to reach 80 pieces and potentially 48-56k by Thanksgiving Night (Thursday the 26th for those of you who live elsewhere). That gives me breathing room to enter-edit and do word counts. What I have written doesn't really have an "end". So... I'm sure I'll write more and once I have the sketches sorted out chronologically it will take on some kind of form. At this point, a scrapbook of "letters, interviews, articles, memoirs" comes to mind. Think of Spoon River Anthology about a vegetarian Latter Day Vampire and her friends brought to you by an journalist ex-mo. At this point it's that weird. *Smile*

What have I learned? What I already knew... that I could do it. Should I do it again? Yes and no. Probably not in November. January or August would be much better for me. I'd bet that the idea of choosing a 4 to 6 week period to only concentrate on writing is sound for most people. But... if November doesn't work, it's best to choose some other time of year and not beat up on yourself.

More NaNoWriMo winners: Stiggles and Crys-not really here . Congratulations. *Bigsmile*

*Snow1* Thou:

Talked to Iowegian Skye . I'm looking forward to her next travel-log when she gets back from visiting family in Colorado. *Smile* Complete with pictures... of course.

*Snow1* Me and Mine:

5 written. Nothing else accomplished. ***sigh***

Made a steamed pumpkin custard of sorts. *Rolleyes* I don't have a double boiler so I improvised. I'm not bad at improvisation.

I didn't go to the T-day dinner yesterday at the Senior Center, but they have turkey sandwiches today. *Smile*

*Snow1* Montana: 32º in Missoula and grey at 11 a.m.
57,119

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677462-Getting-there