*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/676080-Rethink-The-Mime
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#676080 added November 13, 2009 at 10:08pm
Restrictions: None
Rethink The Mime
The status of my brain is a big topic in this blog. I apologize.

Truth of the matter is my mind is a constant thought - go figure. For the past few weeks I've been battling weirdness and fatigue and I can't seem to keep my head straight. Hence the title. I was watching back episodes of Ghost Whisperer and Camryn Manheim's character was being courted by some guy, and he bought a mime to woo her. This was the line he said at the end. Thought it was hilarious at the time...you had to be there.

I've been trying to work on my NaNo, thinking of ways to keep it there at the forefront. Funny thing is that I can't stop thinking about the damn thing, but writing doesn't seem to want to come. I've way behind on my daily counts. Other things, like images and sketches have been helpful though. I've created a Photoshop character tree and found an image for a possible banner. Doesn't help with the count however.

I think one of my problems is the fact that there's so much that can be done. In October, during Prep, I had some time to work out an outline of what I wanted my project to be. Yet lately, I've been thinking of tons of other avenues that I want to incorporate, which includes adding another character into the mix, more supernatural badasses and such. If I flew with this idea, this would be a series of books - probably five in all. I know, way too much thinking ahead, but this how its unfolding IN my head.

To help grease the wheels I've decided to write my main character in first-person and my other characters in third-person. This is a big no-no I've been told, but hey, its okay because its NaNo. I just want to write without restraint, without this fuzziness that keeps clouding my head. Whether real or imagined, damn, it enough already.

So, back to the writing. I'm making a CD of the music I've been using while writing. Hopefully that'll help. Oh, and below is the banner I made this afternoon procrastinating. You have to click to get a better view. Tell me what you think.

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/676080-Rethink-The-Mime