*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668174-Heliconias-anyone
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#668174 added September 17, 2009 at 8:44pm
Restrictions: None
Heliconias anyone?
Blogville:

Some of my most fluid writing comes when I comment in various blogs.

Today StephBee asked whether her readers use flowers in their writings (she loves lilacs but uses other flowers). I responded:

"I use flowers in my writing all the time. My grandparents had lilacs. I associate nasturtiums, portulaca, cosmos, snow-on-the-mountain and blue morning glories with my grandmother; corn, beets, tomatoes, hollyhocks and cardinals (the bird, not the flower) with my grandfather. My other grandmother loved violets.

We didn't have many lilacs (wet clay soils in a 'new' suburb... *Frown*... the Sydoriaks did though) we were lucky that anything bloomed. My sister still lives there and the daylilies (which like damp wet clay) I planted over 30 years ago thrive and turn the place orange every summer.

My grandfather kindly dropped dead in May when I was 11. The lilacs were in bloom. *Delight*

A heliconia in Costa Rica:



Anyea is baaaack. "Invalid Entry She told me... and I quote... "He who clicks before jumping is using the backside of a fork to eat soup with!" because I tried to comment before she had her entry opened for us peons. *Pthb*

Rainbowapple is dealing with illness. I wrote: "My sister and I were ill all the time when we were 5,6,7. My mother was hospitalized and deathly ill when I was 5. How much I knew then I do not remember. We were a house of illness. Lying under the quilt made for my grandmother on her deathbed was the norm."

asymmetrical mentioned a few days ago how Pagans had to fight the Bush administration to allow a pagan soldier, Sgt. Patrick Stewart, be buried with the pentacle (since okayed). This is Celia's song "Symbol":



Celia will be in Indiana, Vermont and Massachusetts in October... by-the way: http://www.celiaonline.com

ME?

I went to the Spanish Circle to say adios until I get back on October 7th; they meet the 8th. I told Walter that I'd try to have "something" ready by end of October (he's off to Honduras with Missoula Medical Aid); poor Trish is overwhelmed by the over 2,000 photos she has to sort through to get something together. I only have 300 maybe. I downloaded a bunch here in "Eeeeeee is for everything Kodak digital but have only added notes to a few so far.

I bought my football ticket for the game Saturday at 1 p.m. against Portland State. Time is of the essence because my plane leaves with or without me at 6:20 p.m. *Shock*

So, I went wandering over to the UC. I saw a display of woolens... from Bolivia... like the one I saw every year in Kansas... so I asked... SAME PEOPLE! Of course, I mentioned Gastón (from La Paz) who we all know and then called him in DC (he answered) and handed the phone over to Rodolfo and Mario. I think it was a case of smiles all around. *Cool* I bought an alpaca sweater too.

Montana: 78° and pleasant in Missoula at 5 p.m.
17,866

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668174-Heliconias-anyone