*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/652417-Keeping-The-Faith
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#652417 added June 7, 2009 at 7:09am
Restrictions: None
Keeping The Faith
My mind is mush. Something has happened to my life. Time has changed. I have changed.

And along the way short sentences have become my forte.

In order to come to grips with it I've decided not to talk about. I know, brilliant. To quote one my favorite movie dialogue scenes:

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us - may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping.
"Keeping The Faith" - The Bartender


Don't be surprised if I start talking about faith in the next few posts. It isn't so much about religion as it will be about faith in the human race. I don't have much of it, and I beginning to really wonder why.

But for something completely off topic yet somehow resonates in my mind with this theme is musical composition. More specially, the enormous talent out there by those willing to seek it.

I attended the recital of one my nieces yesterday afternoon. It was a surprise thing, and one that I found to be wonderful experience. Something bad came before I left but the experience washed most of my distaste away.

My niece was great. She performed a couple of simple piano pieces as she just started a couple of months ago, but she has a knack for performing. If she loves it (the expression on her face was nearly pure joy) then I expect to see great things from her in the future. *Smile*

The thing that stuck with me the most though was a little blond girl named Amy. Before the recital began her nerves got to her, forcing her to boot her lunch in the middle of the pews. The situation was handled quickly, quietly, and with great care to make her feel comfortable while being escorted off the stage by her dad.

About a quarter way into the program the music teacher asked Amy if she wanted to take her turn. The little girl was obviously frightened, she couldn't say a word as everyone turned their attention to her. But even with her fear, she nodded her head solemnly and took the stage with her head held high.

That nine-year-old girl has more courage than I will ever experience in my life.

The moment she began to play anyone with a mild understanding of music could hear that this little girl had talent. The most striking thing however was her second piece - a composition she had composed herself.

This piece was magnificent. It nearly brought me to tears and I don't cry. The range of emotion was breathtaking, bringing to life something we often take for granted. It was as if she imagined herself as a star and wrote those emotions into beautiful music. I'm still in awe.

If there is ever a moment where I would give up on humanity as a whole, all I have to do is think of that little girl and remember why most of us stick around for the long haul. Amy faced her fear even though she was given a way out.

Courage to fight to see another day. Keeping the faith with the hope that the next moment will all be alright.

Definitely something to keep in mind.

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/652417-Keeping-The-Faith