*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637573-This-Lent-Season
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#637573 added February 27, 2009 at 5:19am
Restrictions: None
This Lent Season
Today is officially Ash Wednesday, marking a symbolic close to the indulgence of the year and bringing about a time of fasting, contemplation, and sacrifice...damn.

No, really, this is a good time to be had. If done correctly, life can gain a sort of focus that the rest of the year lacks. You're purging the wasteful for something more visionary. I think this will be a good thing for me right now.

I've decided to give up chocolate for the next forty days. This is harder than it sounds. See me and chocolate have had a long love affair for many years. It will be hard parting company in such a manner.

Mass is tomorrow. Not only will I be blessed under the ashes, but I'll get to meet the new priest at the church. Should be interesting as he's suppose to be a great orator. The last priest, Father Bruce, was an awesome man who had to step down because of a stroke. This new guy I've been told is young and spry with new ideas for St. Tim's as the church is also going through a bit of a recession. Not that you particularly care about any of this information.

There ya have it. Fun times ahead. Happy Ash Wednesday... one of the few holidays they don't have greeting cards for.

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637573-This-Lent-Season