*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/611312-A-lesson
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#611312 added October 6, 2008 at 9:25am
Restrictions: None
A lesson
Nine weeks tests today. My assistant and I have to help proctor. Which just means that we have to sit in the classroom with a teacher and help make sure everything is going well. I got luckier than my assistant. She got assigned to a fifth-grade class that is well-known for being unruly. I think they did that because she IS kind of mean and scary. *Laugh* I got put with a very good third-grade class.

Which brings me to something I must tell on myself. When we came in at the first of the year, there was this sweet first-year teacher who just graduated from college in May. I felt a little sorry for her, because I had decided that these children would eat her alive. Turns out, she does excellently well with her class. A lot better than some of the veteran teachers. They are among the best behaved students in the school. Anything we assign them to do, they hop to it. When they come out for a tornado or fire drill, they behave perfectly. They turn in their homework and read for fifteen minutes every night. It taught me a lesson in judging - one I thought I had already learned, but I evidently needed reminding. This lady is who I have been assigned to this morning.

Good thing I never said any of my thoughts on this out loud - one thing I have learned is to make my words sweet in case I ever have to eat them.

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/611312-A-lesson