*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609253
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #1477715
Trina's blogging Area
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#609253 added September 25, 2008 at 1:02pm
Restrictions: None
Tearful Goodbyes
Well today is a very sad day for me and many other people who know or once knew Kammy Langlois. She was a sweet, young girl when I was introduced to her. We used to deliver newspapers in the small town of Gaspe Quebec. Packing the newspapers at the crack of crazy every Saturday morning was a gruelling process as we had, in total, over 3000 of them. We would pass the time laughing and talking away and I think it was myself who was the most annoyed with the job. Kammy was only 16 at that time and had the cutest smile.

My sympathies go out to her family and friends. Decisions were apparantly made and it must have been agonizing for them.

When a death of a young girl happens like this, it makes a person think just how much we "sweat the small stuff". Just yesterday, we wondering how in the world we were going to afford to replace the tires, get a new hot tub cover, change the kitchen floors when the picture tube in the rear projection went on the blink. Today, all of these issues in my mind are bleak as I think of her. I could not imagine losing my children. It appears that more so than ever, children are leaving this earth much earlier than their parents. I wonder if it's because I'm getting older and that I wasn't really paying attention to this 10 or 15 years ago?

It's funny how each and every person has a different definition of small stuff. I was talking to someone the other day where everything was a huge issue but was willing to succumb to her unfortunate luck in her life. While talking to her, I encouraged her that she was better than that, but saying it a 1000 times would not thwart her way of thinking. What was small stuff to me was bigger than life for her. There are just some people who do not respond to movitational encouragement while other's thrive on it.

When I think of this unfortunate situation, I question why are so many people scared to try? We are on this earth to do just that; Challenge ourselves, love one another and live life to the fullest. I'm a prime candidate.

Seeing her facebook group, she had a lot of friends and lived a good, but short, life. I think that is so nice that a group was developed to celebrate her, from the time of her accident to the day of her death. She was truly loved by many.

In light of this and with the other notes that I have posted, I challenge all of my friends to post a heartfelt message to someone who matters to you while they are here on earth. Life is short and why not tell someone that you love them or at least appreciate them in your life today? I know I'm going to do it.

The other day, someone told me that they were in Niagara Falls at the Casino and they were wishing that I was there. I was so touched that it made my night! It's always nice and flattering to know that someone is thinking of them.

© Copyright 2008 trina1972 (UN: trina1972 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
trina1972 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609253